Central UMC will be holding in-church services Sunday’s beginning in May 2021 at 8:30 am. We hope these procedures will make you safe and feel safe. COVID-19 recommended safety measures:
- Entrance and exit to the building will be through the southeast doors on Pine Street. Other entrances will not be available. Phased exit to keep social distancing will also be through this entrance.
- All attendees, including staff and volunteers, will have their temperatures checked upon entry using a non-contact thermometer.
- Protective facial masks are required for all attendees throughout the entire service— please bring your own mask with you. A small supply of masks will be available for those who forget or for guests.
- Social distancing, six (6) feet intervals at arrival, seating, and departure will be observed. Families may sit together.
- No hand shaking or physically passing of the peace.
- No passing of items, attendance cards, sign-up sheets, offering plate, etc. Offerings can be deposited in offering box upon departure.
- Singing may be possible wearing a protective facial mask. No Bible books and Hymn books can be used, but we provide info on a screen. Piano music will be provided.
- Bathroom accessibility only through the door by the baptismal font.
- All other areas of the church, including Wesley room, dining room, kitchen, nursery and basement, will be closed.
- Hand sanitizer and disinfectant will be available.
- No social time in church, no food or beverages will be served.
These changes are designed for everyone’s safety! We look forward to seeing and worshipping with you again.
Located in the heart of Grantsburg, Wisconsin, Central Church
has a heart for all God's people.
You will find us on the corner of Pine St. and Broadway Ave.,
a few blocks north of the stoplight on Hwy. 70.
Our hearts, our minds, our doors ... stand open to welcome you.
Our doors are open to community groups:
-Pack 560 Cub Scouts & Grantsburg Boy Scouts -Girl Scouts
GO FISH Singers
Something for Everyone!
Early each week, the prayers from Sunday morning are distributed via email. But the e-prayer chain can be activated anytime there is a need for prayer. If you have something to include in the e-prayer chain or would like to be added to the distribution list, please contact Barb Loomis at 715-488-2267 or email her at email@example.com.
Members and Friends of Central Church are being given the opportunity to sign up for an Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT) to better facilitate financially supporting the churches ministry. The Finance Committee is encouraging the Central Church family to consider signing up with VANCO, the leading company in the church EFT business.
Some of the benefits to the church and to individual givers include:
The EFT method insures that even if you are unable to attend church on a given Sunday, your offering will still be received by the church.
The church will benefit because the EFT method will allow for better and more consistent budgeting. Regardless of the weather, or people being on vacation, or out-of-town for the weekend, your offerings will be received.
Individuals will maintain control over their giving, ie: you determine a specific day each month on which your contribution will be deposited in the church account, you have the opportunity to support specific mission projects, your giving remains confidential.
Talk to Mike Giles... he can answer specific questions and help you if you're interested in signing up for this service.